Monday, April 12, 2010

A Milestone!!!! LOOK WHO'S TALKING

My 22 month-old daughter started talking. Not that she wasn't babbling stuff in the past. The difference is, I now UNDERSTAND what she is saying!!

I was thinking back to the biggest breakthrough with my 3 year old. Walking? No. Sleeping through the nite? No. Potty trained (no he is still not potty trained). I realize now, it was our ability to communicate via language. It brought us closer together.

There was just too many things that a cry could mean, but now "more milk" means "I want more milk!" "Hold me" means "hold me", and "Dont do it" means "dont do it!" although I'm a little surprised that she was trying to communicate 'dont do it' for so long, and I was oblivious. What the hell was I doing that she didn't like?

It's sort of like having a dog, that after two years, looks at you and says "how about a bagel?" Things will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment